Thursday, November 09, 2006

Donny Douche sits down with Ted Turner.


November's Gotham brought us Gothamists another Deutsch Mark, the monthly column that's become the can't-miss read of, well, me and Deutsch. Donny digs deep to unearth the good quotes from nutcase Turner: "You don't win people over by bombing them"; to be a success, "make people happy"; and TT's axiom, ""early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise!" (I got that tattooed on my ass this morning.)
But the keenest insight came from Double D himself: "there are a few traits highly accomplished people share: humility, passion, and a sense of humor."
D-squared, you're at best one for three.
(above, Deutsch's executive washcloset)
previous Deutsch posts:
1. Cosmic blob supplants Deutsch's ego...
2. Deutsch continues to break the big stories.
3. Donny Deutsch Mark!
4. That's Mr. 'Douche' Brittney.

12 Comments:

Blogger RFB said...

I don't know this double D dude (dick, dork, doofus, douche, dirtbag) you delight in disparaging, but generally - anyone calling himself humble...isn't.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

highly accomplished people do NOT have humility. They're good at what they do and know it. It's not something to be ashamed of!

10:47 AM  
Blogger RFB said...

Shame and humility are different. It's possible to be highly successful without telling everyone how awesome you are while pretending to have humility.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a difference between flaunting and being confident too. While I agree you don't need to toot your own horn, you shouldn't have to pretend anything either

12:38 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

commenter fight! commenter fight!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Highly accomplished people may be either humble, braggards or anything in-between. Why are you two arguing like high-school kids about it? Are you high-school kids?

Most of the "highly accomplished" people I've met have attained the mainstream ideal of success in spite of any personality traits they may or may not have, humble or otherwilse.

1:16 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

That's it. I'm skipping Chemistry 4th hour and going to Pizza Hut. (Humbly.)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry jetpacks...will you buy me a slice if I ditch too?

3:44 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

No - Mom didn't give me enough money. All I can get you is a Mountain Dew.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jetpacks, I think I love you

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confidence, flaunting, talking shit, etc. Long as you can back it up, then it doesn't matter. But that's still different from humility. I've seen a lot of confident people who also know how to act humble without having to use that word to describe themselves.

Jetpacks - may I humbly say, you're awesome. And humble. And (did I say awesome?) Ok, then, you’re swell.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come these f*cking killer instinct types are always big on the marshmallow platitudes?!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home